7:56pm Update*******Entry form link has been removed from my site early since I won’t be near a computer around the closing time – if you would still like to sign up, you have until 9pm today [11/21]! Please click here to reroute to M3_Quilts’ blog and sign up there.*****
I’m SO excited to be a co-host for my first ever swap! Brandy over at M3 Quilts and I are so excited to be swap mamas and cannot WAIT to see what cute totes come through our feeds! Since this is going to be done around the holiday season, we are going to make the deadline several months away to allow for our participants to take their time and enjoy Christmastime.
Signup deadline: November 26, 2014
Early mailing begins: January 26, 2015
Send deadline: February 1st, 2015
So here’s what the swap entails (linked directly from M3 Quilts):
1. We are making tote bags! You are welcome to make them as simple or complex as you would like. Pockets or no pockets, zippers or no zippers, we will leave that totally up to you!
2. Your tote must measure no less than 12″ tall x 12″ wide x 2″ deep
3. ONLY quilt shop quality material please!
4. We highly encourage ALL levels of quilters and sewists! Are you scared of sending your creations to someone because they won’t measure up? Please don’t worry about it! Just put your heart into what you make, and I know that your swap partner will LOVE it!
5. Since there are only two of us running this swap, we are currently limiting this swap to the first 50 people that fills out the form below. If we have any swap mama’s or papa’s that want to jump in and help us with a group, we will definitely consider opening this up to more people!
6. Extra treats/items added to your package is not required, but not discouraged.
7. This is NOT a swap specific to any holiday/season!
8. This will be a BLIND swap! You will know your partner, but your partner will not know who you are, so feel free to post full pictures and/or sneak peeks!
9. Since this is our first swap, we are going to limit this to IG users only, and only to those that are in the United States! We LOVE our over-seas friends, but we will include you guys in on the next round if this one proves to be a smashing success.
10. We will keep this open until November 26th and partner information will be sent out by November 30th! Send deadline will be February 1st, 2015. You are welcome to send it as early as January 26th, 2015, but please no earlier! If you need to send earlier, please contact either Hannah or I first!
Well, that’s it, I think! We will both be posting on our blogs and IG’s to encourage and root for everyone! Please use the hashtag #IGToteSwap when you are posting about your progress so everyone can follow you!